Saturday, November 2, 2013

I am not a Queen, I'm a Khalessi

Boo!

It's that time of year again! It's the 3rd annually Halloween party! I am making my costume this year. I love Game of Thrones, especially Daenerys. She's just a full on badass! The queen of dragons went form doing what she was told to becoming a strong, confident, and fair leader. What's not to love?! Here is the making of my costume!

The costume.

Making bottom wrap skirt.

Front bottom covering.

Started with an old halter top, to get the layout right.

Cut out the tank and formed the top with a bit of sewing and velcro, made braids from the straps and cut front of top into the v shape, frayed the edges to give it the worn look. and added a bottom to secure it. 

The little button, I actually did a good job sewing it on!


Here's a few pictures from the actually party!
Winners of couples costume contest Wanda & Cosmo (Emily & Juan)
Runners ups up in couple contest Odie & Garfield (Dina and Odie)

Good picture of my costume and Michelle is Toucan Sam!
Taking a break from the party.



Happy Halloween, hope everyone enjoyed it!
-Christina


No comments: