Saturday, October 20, 2012

Newport, RI

Hello,

   This week I got to go to Newport to Sean's family's timeshare! I have never been here before so it was exciting to go on a vacation with Sean and his awesome family. I love it here! It was cold, but it wasn't crowded since it's October and most people come here durning summer time. We even got the master bedroom which is downstairs from everyone else with a private bathroom. We are some lucky ducks!

   We did tons of things. Shopping, sunset watching, visited a light house, and did a tour of a mansion! Also I went to a Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop for the first time... but I got the same thing per usual.
Light house!

Sean at the bottom of the steep stairs, you have to pay attention when walking down or else!
The Rosecliff Mansion was AMAZING. In Newport (if you haven't been) their are tons of mansion you can go inside and take tours of. Ours was actually the place where The Great Gatsby 70s version was filmed! It was beautiful. The people who lived there actually were very Jay like and through parties all the time! Like every weekend with costumes and glamour! Sean and I actually thought it was kind of sad that it was now only a "museum". The whole reason those people built it was to party in it. How awesome is that?! Sean even bought me a "gilded" butterfly ornament at their little gift shop, it was so pretty!
Front of The Rosecliff
Back

   So pretty much my trip was awesome, can't wait to go back next year! WooWhoo!
-Christina


No comments: