Saturday, May 4, 2013

Among the flowers

   Last weekend... I forgot to write about the Daffodil Festival and my weekend!


   It was so fun! First Friday I went on an awesome hike with Sean and Tom. It was super nice and I got to see some of Sean and his friends work by a bridge. But it disgusted me how much garbage their was in the woods. The trails are near two highways on both sides. Made me sad to think that it happens, poor animals that live there having to deal with that crap. Anyway, it was nice to enjoy the sun, I ended up wearing a cardigan on as a turban on my head cause I got super hot. Haha, I looked ridiculous. Oh well.

   That night we went to our friend Jacob's lake house, it was in nowhere land. Creepy. But is was good. We ended up staying there till 3am! Couldn't believe it. Time flies! We found a Guinness World Record Book it was super funny to read the stuff, it was from the 70s. Also they guys found Space Balls, haha. Mike decided to read to all of us!

   Then Saturday I went o the Daffodil Festival. It was a good time! I got this beautiful dream catcher. If you didn't know, I have quite the collocation. But this one was so different from the rest of them. The whole rim is beaded orange, yellow, light blue, and white.  Hand-made of course, with also hand painted beading where the feathers dangled. I love it so much!

   And as always I get fried dough, it is my mandatory food choice at any fair, festival, large gathering where they sell that kind of shit. It was delightfully good. As we found a place to sit we herd a song we've heard before, started to sing along, then we realized who it was. 1974, our friends band, but unfortunately it was their last song! We ended going to another band area and heard this awesome band called The Guru. They were weird, but in a good way.


   Then we went on a little walk in toward the reservoir there too take a break for them to do shenanigans, if ya know what I mean. Then we headed back to the shuttle bus to leave.
 

   Next we went directly to his father's birthday party. That was fun, with yummy food. Though no good dessert, at least nothing I liked. And that was my Saturday!
 


   Sunday was more of a chill day. We went to Manchester to watch Kevin paint. We even got ice cream from the truck they painted! Mine always has demented eyes and per usual Sean's always had perfect ones. Thank goodness since I was exhausted!



-Christina
Also look at this friggin' cute photo at the end of our weekend!

No comments: