Saturday, January 23, 2016

Blizzard


   As the first snow of 2016 comes falling down I think to myself, this winter is so much different from last years. I was having major anxiety and depression and doubting myself if I could ever change. I had the tough conversations about changing to improve my life. It was so scary to face my issues head on and talk aloud about my problems especially with the ones I love who I didn't want to see me that way. It felt defeating to admit it because I kept trying to pretend it was all okay or just ignoring my problems all together.

   And now, I watch outside my bedroom window and I see the flakes blowing all around and shaking the trees about, my dog is snuggled up next to me to stay warm and the cat is in a little ball sleeping. I can say in this moment I feel content. I've progressed. Of course I still have more to work on but I've taken the steps necessary to move forward in my life. It is hard, and I'll always having something to push through but I've accomplished one big hurdle this year and by next winter I hope to be even further in my goals, no matter how hard it is.

No comments: