Thursday, April 18, 2013

Open your eyes to both sides.

On CNN Website: Senate rejects expanded gun background checks


  ^ REALLY. I'm disappointed, I just don't understand. Why should someone just be like "hmm, I'm going to buy a gun today" 5 mins later have their very own gun. Everyone should have a background check. I don't know what the big deal is, if you don't have any problems why are you so worried about the damn law?!

Article excerpt--- Noting polls that showed 90% support for such a measure, Obama called it a "pretty shameful day for Washington" and wondered of Congress: "Who are we here to represent?"

   All over Facebook, right after the Sandy Hook shooting (I'm from CT) everyone and the mother bought a friggin' gun.  I really do mean like everyone, and they all were complaining and saying MY GUN. MY COUNTRY, MY FREEDOM blahblahblah....  You all sound like pompous assholes.

Article excerpt--- On the other side, the NRA's Chris Cox called the expanded background check proposal "misguided," saying it would not reduce violent crime "or keep our kids safe in their schools."

  Yes, bad guys don't listen to laws, but you don't think that this would make it harder for them to get the guns? Yeah I know... they will get it somewhere else. But at least we know those who own it legally are sane and not criminals. This world will never be a perfect place were no one shoots another person or any of that, but why can't we do a little something to change who can get their hands on a gun easily. Bad guys shouldn't be able to just go to the gun store and buy one. Let's make it more difficult for them!

   Yes, I do think people should have the right to own a gun, but you can't drive a car without a license nor can you drive a car without it being registered... so why shouldn't the same rules apply for a weapon? I mean come on people. You are all fighting over a gun which I'm sure most of you (hopefully) won't ever have to use.

   I think their should be a limit on what kind of guns you own. Why would you need a machine gun? Or some other crazy gun.... Are you in the military fighting in Afghanistan or some other country where you actually need a gun to defend yourself in combat? Exactly.

   You (mostly) are some Republican who hates anything Obama has to say and just want a gun cause they say you can't (Which BTW they aren't). If your not mentally unstable and don't have a criminal background then you shouldn't have a problem getting that gun you are freaking out about.

   I'm not You do have the right to bare arms. That's fine. I mean I don't want a gun, but I think I should learn how to shoot just incase of an emergency situation. You should be able to defend yourself from intruders and anything else that might happen that would cause you to need a gun for protection.
one sided, I swear.

Article excerpt--- Polls show that a strong majority of Americans support some type of initiative to stem gun violence. In a CNN/ORC International pollreleased last week, 86% of Americans say they support expanded background checks.

Glad the senate listened to the people of the Anited States instead of their stupid minds.... *Note my sarcasm* 
One: Not everyone in this country has the same religion, so respect the UNITED States of America
Two: Gun, Guns, Guns! Calm the fuck down.
Three: Guts? Come on...

Sorry to rant... 
Christina

No comments: