Monday, April 20, 2015

Bridal Shower Prep: Part One

Hi!

   Now that the shower is finally over I can show you all the planning and tell you the theme! it was....

"From Miss to Mrs. Let's shower the bride with love and good wishes!"

   We did a rain shower theme, I mean it is April after all! I thought of it so randomly while we were looking at the place we were going to host the shower. And within an a few hours we planned all the ideas out! My mom and I are pretty talented if I do say so myself!


   Our centerpieces were these ceramic rain boots, we hand painted them all. And by we... I mean my mom cause she was much better at it! She bought paint and some glaze to make it shiny. We tried to buy boots that were already done, but we couldn't find them anywhere! If we did it was like $50, which is silly if you ask me. So we bought these from Oriental Trading Company, they sell a variety of things in bulk for parties and events. It came in a set of 12. They were the perfect size too since we wanted people to be able to see everyone at the table.  In the picture below you can see the paper umbrella's we made for the table numbers. My mom didn't know what a miracle scrapbook paper is till now! She was like look at the pretty paper, isn't it perfect?! I just love her, she's adorable.


   All we had to do was the flowers which we did the day before the shower! We literally bought out Stop and Shops floral section. We had two carts filled. After most the boots were flowered up, mom went to fix one of them and she noticed little bubbles... I hear her go Oh. My. God. Then she yells to me, check all the boots!!! These bubbles are on all of them. The water inside was soaking through the boots and making the paint bubble! It was less then 24 hours till the shower and our centerpieces were getting ruined. Mom springs into action and we start dumbing the water out like crazy people. We're trying to dry it with paper towels as best as we could. THANKFULLY we noticed this now instead of in the morning. If it had been that long the paint would have peeled off! All of our hard work seemed to be ruined, then my mom goes... it looks like rain drops! That's what we'll tell them. She is quite the genius! We kept the flowers wet till the morning then put the flowers in dry in the boots. And propped the table numbers on top. They came out great! (You'll see in my other post of the actually shower!)



   My mom picked out the most perfect favors! Ones that guest would actually use. Umbrellas! She got them in a massive bulk. We had to get 70 so every single person would get them. We customized them by adding different colored ribbons around it, we glued a thank you tag on it with these cute flowers my mom picked out. This was all my mother's idea!That picture of me above in the corner was showing the last umbrella! It took us a few days to do! But they came out fantastic! And it was actually a sunny day for the shower but the next day was downpours! So it really came in handy!

Okay so this was part one, read part two for more!

-Christina


1 comment:

Unknown said...

What store did you buy them at