Thursday, August 27, 2015

GUYS!

I leave for our week long vacation today!!!!





   Freaking out about our plane ride since it's standby tickets, and I've never been on a plane! Technically I did once, but I was four so if my mom didn't tell me I wouldn't have known that! We have to be at Bradley by 5pm and we stop in Detroit half way, then finally we'll be in Seattle! We ended up going a day earlier than planned. So now we'll be able to have two full days to explore!

   Here is our plan as of now, and the moment I get back I will detail my trip, do a post on how to cruise, and what to visit! There will be LOTS of photos! Well, I am a photographer!

Are first stop is Seattle, Obv.
   Fully spending Friday and Saturday, boarding ship Sunday at 10am. Dina aka Sissybear just went their for her honeymoon so she gave some great suggestions of what was worth/a must to do and what wasn't worth paying for. Some things we'll be trying to see are Pike Place Market, a adorable popular farmers market. It has food and craft vendors! We are 100% going to the MEP museum, it's a super rad music sci-fi pop culture museum, another museum is a neat bow glass one. We will want to see that beautiful work for sure! Seatlle is defiantly a hipster place to be. Art is something that is obviously all around! There is a troll under the Aurora Bridge, so cool! We're going to go and find a craft beer place, Sean is really into IPAs and all that, I don't drink but I honestly know so many names I could give suggestions, haha. We will not be going up the Space Needle, but their is another building were you can see the most perfect view of the city and you can get great photos of the needle. We will also try to be driving outside the city to Mount Si! There was an awesome hike I read about, it looked wild! We love our hikes! It's suppose to rain on our trip but we don't mind a little rain!

   Monday we are at sea so we'll be able to relax and eat tons of food before we do more walking/hiking! Our first dock will be in Ketchikcan, AK. We are going to a free public park, it has totem poles which I've never seen one before. The cruise offers a expedition there for a price, but it was unnecessary! The buses there are only a $1 each way! So no way am I dropping $45 to go with the cruise! Their is a lumber jack show, which sounds pretty cool. And we want to go to the Rainforest Sanctuary for a hike. Next day we hang out on Sea.

   Wednesday is cruising to Tracy Arms Fjord. Which is a glacier we see from the ship. We're going up at 5am to get the best spot on the deck! Duh! Then we we dock at Juneau, which is the capital. Perfect for some shopping and going to the Red Dog Saloon! There is a Preservation National Recreation Trail, so possible go there as well.

  Next up is Skagway, AK. We do have a expedition with the ship, called To Klondike SUmmit. Instead of the popular one all the people do, which is a train ride but this trip follows a lot of the trains tracks but it stops at tons of places that we can actually get off the bus and take photos. I think it's way better, plus it's only an hour and a half and $40 instead of like I think it was $100ish for the long train ride. Which one blogger said it was kind of boring by the end. Another hike is a short flat one called Rainforst trail. It's only a mile, perfect for just getting into the nature there without being tired afterward. One thing everyone takes pictures of his their Visitor's Center! It's whole front is covered in pieces of driftwood! It's a photo opportunity for sure. And the downtown is popular to shop. It's looks like a western movie tv set! The next day, Friday will be relaxing at sea.

   OH, Canada. *Sings*. Dock in Victoria, B.C. Basically the only thing to do is go to Butchart Gardens. We looked at pictures online and it looks gorgeous, it has acres of all different flowers and themes. So that'd be cool. Then it's off to Seattle and leave for home.

Can not wait for this experience of a lifetime and to be sharing this with the love of my life! Sean and I are going to be in awe.

Always,
Christina



A little list for Alex since he's has to watch Eddy! *Throws paw up*




No comments: