Friday, June 14, 2013

Day One: North Carolina

Hey Lady and gents,

So My sister, Dina and I took a long week trip down to North Carolina to visit our family friend Mark. He use to work with my mom then it closed down. He moved out here years ago, and we've only seen him three times when he visited! So what better excuse to head down south! I've ever been in the south and it was defiantly a different atmosphere. Also accents! The farther we went down state by state the more southern they got.




We made it just in time for this stunning southern sunset!

It was a tiring drive and our back and butts were killing! Took about 8 1/2 hour, better then expected! Our first night we just went to the hotel and rested and rented a movie from the front desk. Some 90s rom-com movie of course. And we slept soundly! it was a very nice hotel, we'd defiantly get it again.


Good Morning North Cackalacky! Can't wait to actually meet you! Mark came to pick us up at the hotel, so exciting to see him! Big hugs and cheek kisses! First stop was to Bojangles, as Mark says is a must to be a real NCer. It was a fast food joint we do not have up here. I got a biscuit with egg and cheese, it looked terrible for me.... but it was great.  


We didn't know where we were headed for the day, but our first stop was a popular grocery store chain down south, Food Lion. As we were there we discovered that they really like pickles here. And I do too, but they have so many, it took up almost a whole isle! I love pickles! Mark picked up bread and that was all. Then back in the car he said we were going on a small hike around a lake. He apparently goes there a few times a week to exercise. We didn't believe him, haha! 




We arrived, it was beautiful, though I was wearing sandals since we didn't know... it was a paved path, a lot of bikers go there. He showed us southern pine cones, which looked pretty cool. We saw so many ducks and turtles, we brought the bread to feed them (Though I did say that bread is actually bad for birds so I didn't feed them, but they still did, haha.) and they loved it! I have never seen or heard of a Muscovy Duck. It looked like a duck/rooster! It was kind of ugly, but kind of cute while it swam and ducked down for fish. Also we saw baby and adult turtles. Talk about adorable! 

 We actually found a journal on a bench, it asked anyone to write a page about anything! I wrote about where we're from and other similar things. You could read a bunch of other posts, it was really cool. and something really amazing happened... we saw a wild deer... and it came up to us, slowly but it did. It looked like a baby. It was the wildest thing to ever happen. I felt like a Disney princess! My dream.




Later we headed to Marks for a while just catch up about life, ate a pizza and relaxed. Headed back to the hotel and watch another 90s movie. Welp, day one was a blast! Talk about a new experience. Bo will always be in my heart, haha! That's all for day one. Stay tuned for Day two~

As alway, love Christina










No comments: