Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Good You Do Matters

Awesome video showing how tragedy can bring people together. A girl all the way from the west coast heard about the small little town I'm from.  She rocks for making this video and speaking about a hard thing some people deal with.

It was my freshmen year of high school I met Officer McDermott. As a freshmen we had to take a 4 week class for safely and school rules. She had to come in for it and talk to us. She was super nice and beautiful, I saw her a day or two before the incident. I only got to met her that one time. I wish I had gotten to know her, I wish she didn't die... Other people knew her and when we came to school the next day, everyone was crying and I couldn't help but cry. It was so sad. And how it happened was even worse.

That year we also lost a senior boy to a quading accident. That also made everyone very sad. Like I said I was only  freshmen... It was already hard for me to feel apart of a new school but now everyone lost someone, someones. It was a tough start of the year. I found out that the kid in my homeroom class was a cousin of Ciara and my friend Kayla was a cousin of Brandon (the senior). This made it more sad to see people who not are only sad because of a awful thing, but to see people who lost important family members.

Unfortunately I didn't know anything about the other officer. Which makes me sad too. But all three of those people seemed great. Everyone liked... loved them.

I'm glad I saw this video. It made me love my town more than I already did!

-Christina

No comments: