Saturday, June 15, 2013

Day Two: North Carolina

Hi!

It's day two! NC, today was great! Let me begin with breakfast at a nice poplar dinner/restaurant was lovely. We got the waiter who was straight from a southern movie. Heavy accent, called us baby doll and was as nice as could be and joked around with us and even asked were we we're from. We ever tried grits... sorry to say it was disgusting! Mark brought us to the science museum, it was free for the public too!



We got to see a lot of cool stuff. Tons of Dinosaurs skeletons! Learned out the body and bacterias. That we shaped colorful thing above is E. coli. "But it's so pretty" - Dina. She was right, haha! Their was a underwater submarine experience, that was pretty neat. We got to sit in a theatre that shows on a the walls and ceiling. Showed stuff about water, land, and space. On the upstairs level they had space and space rock things. Also technology spot, showing old radios and such. Then they had reptiles and bird exhibit. The snakes were so cute, and one even looked perfectly at the camera. It was super fun, I love anything where you can learn! It's like a school field trip! But funner since you can do what you want since you're an adult. 

Next, We went to a awesome popular arcade, Frankie's. First we played a round of mini golf. I sucked. Obviously. The thing about North Carolina... is it's freaking hot. Like melting. But it was fun non the less. Dina won. Inside was the coolest place! Games that were all adult size, along with food! We played a giant connect four! I won. We played that game were you try to push the coins off. I don't know what it's called, but I love that game. We played it for a bit. We did ski ball, which is a classic. Then did those car race things. Mark won.


We went to a pulled pork place, apparently pulled pork is the states thing. As a non meat it, it wasn't a thrilling place to go, it smelled and they only had fans! Last but not least we went to Goodberry. They serve massive ice cream servings. I'm defiantly okay with that. You need to go.

Well, that was the last full day of the trip. What I've learned from this, is it's always sweltering. The roads are all really pale. Their is a whole turnpike of car dealers. They have fantastic ice cream. I'm Snow White. I knew it! Science is always awesome, especially when it's free. E. Coli is adorable. I already miss Mark. Dina hates driving with me. All restaurants and fast food joints have health department ratings shown on a wall, they all have terrible ratings. But I didn't care. All in all this was a great vacation, I can't wait to go back on day!

Love, Christina







No comments: