Monday, June 3, 2013

I Party With Jay Gatsby

Gatsby? What, Gatsby?

Hello Old Chap.

It was the Summer of 1922.... Okay that was a lie. It's 2013. So My Great Gatsby party was a success! Everyone dressed accordingly. I bought the perfect flapper dress and  the boyfriend looked sharp. The party ladies and gents had a swell time! My first photobooth was a hit, everyone loved posing, as did I! We got the shimmer background at Party City and I decorated the cupcakes beautiful, if I do say so myself. I had white balloons all over the floors and even white flowers in a vase, just like in the movie! It came together perfectly. I was impressed with myself.


Prohibition was tough.


Some flappers.

My guys and I fooling around! I don't drink, that's the joke.

The night was fun, everyone was playing beer pong, dancing, and eating food! I lovelovelove themed parties. I plan on doing photobooths from now on too! It's going to be my thing.


I leave you with a few of my favorite quotes from The Great Gatsby, if you haven't had a chance to read it, I suggest you do!

"I hope she'll be a fool -- that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." -Daisy

“And I like large parties. They’re so intimate. At small parties there isn’t any privacy.” -Jordan

"In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars" - Nick Carraway

and the most popular quote
“So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.” - Nick Carraway


Love, Christina





No comments: