Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Yum!

Hey hungry hungry hippos!

So my first time making chocolate strawberries went very well! And delicious if I do say so myself! Here's what I did.

What you need:
- 2 bags of Wilton Candy Melts
- 2 packages of strawberries
- Cupcake liners
- Sprinkles (you can do nuts also)
- Mug
- Spoon
- Paper towels
- Parchment paper (I used tin foil because that all I had!)
- Sm shot glasses

Okay do you have all that?


My Steps
1-  Organize everything before you start!
~ Pour sprinkles in shot glasses.
~ Lay parchment paper on a cookie sheet or flat surface.
~ Pour some of the chocolate ships in a mug.

2- Rinse strawberries & dry them off good with paper towels, you don't want them wet or the chocolate won't stick! I did enough to fill my small plate instead of all of them at once.

3- Melt chocolate (directions are on the back!)
~ I filled my mug half way with the melts.
~ Place in microwave for 30 seconds.
~ Stir well or the bottom will burn and their is no saving it!
~ Do it for another 30 seconds.
~ Stir again and you're ready to dunk!

4- Grab your strawberry by the very top but don't just hold the green cause it may come off, swirl it in the chocolate. I held the mug tilted so I could push the chocolate to the front and sometimes used a spoon.

5- Decorate!
~ I filled each shot glass with different sprinkles, some people do nuts too! But I hate nuts... I did all Christmas colors! But I recommend doing some plain, as not everyone likes stuff on theirs.
~You can even get different color chocolates by Wilson Candy Melts.
~ Perfect for any holiday!

6- Place he decorated strawberry on the cookie sheet to harden. They dry pretty fast!

7- I repeated the process a bunch of times because I needed to make a bunch for Christmas day.

8- Get a serving tray and place them nicely on it to make it perfect for when you put it out. I decided to put one strawberry each in a cupcake liner, that way it was easy finger food and you had something to catch any chocolate that breaks off as you eat! I did Christmas liners.

9- When you are all done place in fridge right up until serving time!

So that was just the way I did it. Their are a bunch of other ways, you can even do stove top melting... but that was too much work for me. The whole process to me about an hour!


How adorable?!
All done!




Hope you make some of you're own tasty treats, their easy for anyone even non-bakers like me!

Stay full,
Christina




No comments: