Saturday, May 2, 2015

Cinco De Mayo Cookies!

Hi everyone!

   Cinco De Mayo is coming up and my sister, Dina through a super fun party! She had made tons of authentic food for everyone and I brought a festive little dessert. I was surfing Pinterest for the perfect dessert and I found it! Sombrero sugar cookies!


So incase you didn't see it on the Pin here's a how to. It is so easy a 5 year old can do it!

What you need:
- Sugar cookies (I bought Pillsbury cookie dough)
- Vanilla frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Gum drops
- Ziplock bags
- Music to jam out to while you make them! Hehe!

Steps to prepare!

Step One: Follow the directions on the back of your cookie dough to make your cookies! It only takes 12 minutes if you get the same one as me! Let them cool before you start or the frosting will melt and you won't get clean lines.

Step Two: Get a flat plate and pour your sprinkles on it and make sure to cover the whole plate.

Step Three: Next you want to get your frosting ready to go! I stirred mine up a bit and scooped it into a ziplock bag, I used a cup to make it easier! Then when your ready cut a small spot on the corner of your bag for the frosting to come out nicely. I don't have the fancy bags you buy, but it you do use that!



Steps for decorating!

Step One: Take your frosting and go along the edge of your cookie as neat as you can, I am not perfect at this!

Step Two: Grab the cookie and turn it upside down and dunk into your sprinkles so the frosting picks it up.

Step Three: Take your frosting and lay it in a circle in the center of the cookie

Step Four: Grab a gum drop and push it down onto the frosting center!



   And that's it, you're done! I put mine in the fridge so the frosting would dry a bit so nothing would fall off. So yeah, it's super simple and it'll be a hit at your next party!

Stay festive!
- Christina


No comments: