Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hiking Is Good For the Soul.

I did it!



   Yesterday, I made it to the top of the mountain! I have not had a real hike in so long. I was exhausted and had to take a lot of breaks. Thankfully Sean and our friend Andrew were super nice and understood. There also was a light breeze that day so that was awesome because it was hot! I was sweating and probably smelled by the end, haha! But it was worth it. Such a beautiful view of the trees for miles and a lake/river down below. I really needed this, I truly did. After the weeks filled with anxiety it felt so good to finally leave the house. In the first 20 minutes I had already regretted tagging along at all. But by the top when we sat down and relaxed on the cliff and I got to see that magnificent view I instantly felt better. Then we had to walk back, which I hated, haha! But we did it! After two and a half hours, we made it back to the car. I had leaves and dirt in my shoes, my hair was a disaster and honestly I felt bad for anyone who had to look at it! The car ride back with the breeze flowing through the windows was so sweet. We stopped at the gas station on our way home and I of course I got a little ice cream... not such a  healthy choice after exercising. Oh well, ya only live once! As the youngins say "YOLO"!

 Andrew climbing on the cliff, he looks close to the edge then he was, though I didn't attempt, I'm good on that life. Below if my stunning view!!!

Different angle of my view.

Take an adventure soon and just enjoy the view of nature. It's breathtaking, it really is.
Love always,
Christina

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Great advice. Hiking really is one of the best highs there is--especially when your destination is lovely places like this! Glad you had a good time.

Alisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.