Monday, May 18, 2015

Television

Hey,

  Sometimes, I will spend a whole day watching t.v. Actually it's pretty often. Depression is a silly little thing that just sneaks up on you at any moment. Though I don't find it that funny. I wouldn't say it was a bad day but it was just an okay day. You feel a bit sad and you don't know why... you may cry a smidge and there is no reason. It is a strange thing to deal with. Television is how I cope on a day like this. I take my mind and put it into these characters lives. I feel like I'm apart of it. Some people think that's dumb... but honestly this helps me. I get to experience these people's hardships and then their strong family bonds. Real love stories and the drama love triangles. I get truly happy for characters when the good stuff happens to them, I bawl my eyes out when something awful happens. But I always will find comfort in being apart of all of it. When I'm alone, they are there. Sometimes when I need them most to distract me from my life. They are just a click away...

- Christina

2 comments:

Alisha said...

I really admire you for being so honest, Christina. While I have never struggled with depression, I have struggled with anxiety for as long as I can remember. I know how debilitating that can be, so I guess I do understand the feeling you describe in my own little way. I'm so glad that you're able to find comfort in trying to connect with the characters on the shows you watch--I do that a lot when I go to see movies, or listen to certain songs. It's such a powerful thing!

Christina's Blog said...

Thank you so much, I really try to be an open and honest person. I find that it helps me and maybe even others. And yes, movies and songs are really powerful! Sometimes I play certain songs to change my mood... for anxiety or being sad, or even my music I jam out to while I clean! Haha!